James Ausfahl, MD, FAAFP, FACOEM
- Occupational Medicine Physician, UPC-Proctor First Care
- University of Illinois College of Medicine-Peoria, Faculty, Department of Family & Community Medicine
Dr. James Ausfahl is board certified in occupational and environmental medicine and family practice and is an addiction medicine specialist. He is employed at UnityPoint Health, Proctor First Care, in Peoria Heights, Illinois, and is on the faculty of the University of Illinois College of Medicine, Peoria Campus.
Beth Baker, MD, MPH, FACMT, FACOEM
- Occupational Medicine Physician, Specialists in OEM
Dr. Beth Baker is board certified in internal medicine and occupational medicine. She is an Adjunct Assistant Professor at the University of Minnesota School of Public Health. Dr. Baker is also a medical consultant at State Fund Mutual Insurance Company and president of Medical and Toxicology Consulting Services.
Manijeh Berenji, MD, MPH
- Occupational Medicine Physician, Department of Orthopaedic Surgerym Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Manijeh Berenji is a board-certified occupational medicine physician with a keen interest in musculoskeletal care. She trained at University of Michigan and University of California-San Francisco and started her career as junior faculty in the Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine at Duke University School of Medicine, where she is an assistant consulting professor. Previously, Dr. Berenji spent time in health care consulting at an employee benefits firm in North Carolina.
Beau Braswell, JD
- Director, Risk Management & Regulatory Compliance, Occupational Medicine Management, LLC
- Partner and Founding Attorney, Braswell Law, LLC
- Commissioned Officer, U.S. Coast Guard Reserve
Beau Braswell, a consultant and attorney, is a graduate of Louisiana State University (LSU), the LSU Law Center, and the U.S. Naval War College. He served as a compliance safety and health officer at OSHA for five years, conducting general industry, construction, and maritime inspections. Braswell also led complex, high-profile OSHA fatality, catastrophe, amputation, complaint, and media referral investigations. Since 2001, he has served in the Coast Guard Reserve as a marine safety, incident management, and maritime law enforcement professional.
Marco Britton, MD
- Occupational Medicine Physician, University of Texas Health Science Center in Tyler
Dr. Marco Britton is a chief resident in occupational medicine at University of Texas Health Science Center in Tyler and will complete his master’s degree in public health in 2019. He practices urgent care at CareNow centers in the Dallas/Fort-Worth area. From 2014 to 2017, he was a medical director for Nova Medical Centers in same region.
Richard W. Bunch, PhD, PT, CBES
- Manager and Owner, WorkSaver Employee Testing Systems, LLC
- Chief Executive Officer and Owner, Industrial Safety & Rehabilitation Institute
Adjunct Associate Professor, Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, Department of Global Environmental Health Sciences
Dr. Richard Bunch is a U.S. Army veteran who attended West Point Military Academy for two years. He earned his physical therapy degree and PhD in neuroanatomy from Louisiana State University Medical Center and also became an ergonomic specialist. Dr. Bunch was an associate professor at LSU Medical Center for 10 years before entering private practice. His company, WorkSaver Systems, is a national network of clinics for conducting fitness for duty testing. Dr. Bunch is recognized as an expert in ADA and EEOC-compliant post-offer employment functional testing, ergonomics, and occupational wellness.
Jerald L. Cook, MD, MS, FACOEM
- Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, American Analytical Medical Services
- President, Med Fit Consulting, Inc.
- Medical Director, Premise Health, Lowe’s Health Center
- Group Surgeon, U.S. Navy, Marine Air Control Group 38
Dr. Jerald Cook is a U.S. Navy medical officer and practiced occupational and environmental medicine at multiple Navy and Marine Corps installations. He is co-owner and chief medical officer of American Analytical Medical Services, Inc., a medical expert network and occupational functional medicine service provider. Dr. Cook has a private practice in San Diego. His interests are in reducing exposures to environmental toxins and improving health by addressing overall function
George Grimes, MD, MPH, FACOEM
- Lieutenant Commander, U.S. Public Health Service
- Epidemic Intelligence Service Officer, NIOSH, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Dr. Grimes is a board-certified occupational medicine physician currently assigned to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. He served seven years with the U.S. Navy before transferring to the U.S. Public Health Service. Dr. Grimes completed residency at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. Dr. Grimes has extensive experience with medical surveillance, fitness for duty examinations, and industrial medicine.
Mason Harrell, MD, MPH
- Department Head, Naval Operational Support Command-North Island
- Flight Surgeon, VR-57 Squadron
- Chief Executive Officer, President, and Co-Owner, American Analytical Medical Services
- Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Gledson, LLC
- Chief Medical Officer, Medical Record Review Software Development
Dr. Mason Harrell is Harvard-trained, double board-certified physician in occupational medicine and in public health and preventive medicine. A U.S. Navy medical officer, he pioneered the creation and implementation of the Navy’s Occupational and Environmental Medicine Fundamentals Course. Dr. Harrell supervises 75 medical professionals as department head of the Naval Operations Support Command. In private practice, he focuses on occupational functional medicine.
Marcia Isakari, MD, MPH
- Medical Director, Center of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, University of California
Dr. Marcia Isakari is a board-certified occupational medicine physician with extensive clinical and leadership experience. She has directed occupational medicine clinics and delivered clinical services to employers in a broad range of industrial sectors, including biotech. Dr. Isakari trained in occupational and environmental medicine at the University of Pennsylvania and in Family Medicine at University of California-Davis. She earned her medical degree from Pontifical Catholic University of Campinas in Brazil and a master’s degree in public health with a specialization in occupational medicine from the Medical College of Wisconsin. She is a certified medical review officer, a professional supervisor in hearing conservation, and a Department of Transportation medical examiner.
Steven Kirkhorn, MD, MPH, CMRO, FACOEM, FAAFP
- Director, Occupational Health, Minneapolis Veterans Administration Health Care System
Dr. Steven Kirkhorn is the director of occupational health for the Minneapolis Veterans Administration Health Care System. He is the former medical director of the National Farm Medicine Center at Marshfield Clinic and the NIOSH National Children’s Center for Rural and Agricultural Health and Safety. Dr. Kirkhorn was the editor in chief of the Journal of Agromedicine for eight years. While with the Mayo Health system from 1998 to 2003, he was on the faculty of the University of Minnesota Rural Family Practice Residency with responsibility for rural occupational health and agricultural medicine.
Luke P. Lee, MD, MPH, CIME, MBA, CPA
- Corporate Medical Director, Prime Occupational Medicine
- Chief Occupational Medicine Worldwide Software Development Officer, Prime Medical
- Medical Advisory Council, Workforce Commission, State of Louisiana
Dr. Luke Lee, founder and CEO of Prime Occupational Medicine, is a military veteran who earned his medical degree from the University of Kansas. He also earned a master’s of public health in occupational medicine from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He completed his specialty training at the University of Pennsylvania and became board certified in occupational and environmental medicine. Dr. Lee chairs the ACOEM Private Practice Section. He is a member of the Workers’ Compensation Medical Advisory Council of the Louisiana Workforce Commission and of the Advisory Council of the Workers Compensation Research Institute.
Dan Mirski, MD, MPH
- Occupational Medicine Physician at WorkWell Medical Group
Dr. Dan Mirski is triple-residency trained and board certified in occupational medicine, aerospace, and emergency medicine. He matriculated at University of California-Santa Barbara and Albany Medical Center. He also holds an advanced degree as a certified physician executive and a master’s of public health degree from Harvard University. Dr Mirski recently finished a 20-year career as a colonel in the U.S. Air Force.
Amir Nicknam, MD, MPH
- CEO, Medical Director Southern Nevada Occupational Health Center, Southern Nevada Family Practice
Dr. Amir Nicknam is a board-certified physician with more than 16 years of experience in occupational medicine and family practice. He received his medical degree from Ross University School of Medicine and a master’s degree in public health from the Medical College of Wisconsin. He is a clinical instructor at Touro University of Nevada, where he specializes in occupational and family medicine. He implements a multidisciplinary model of occupational health services for medical and non-medical aspects of occupational health at both of his practices.
Patricia Padilla MD, MPH
- Medical Compliance Officer-Global
- South America Regional Medical Director General Motors Company
Dr. Patricia Padilla is a physician specializing in occupational medicine. She has a master’s degree in safety and industrial hygiene, with a specialization in ergonomics. Dr. Padilla is a Six Sigma Green Belt professional and is completing her MBA at Oakland University. She has been working with General Motors for more than 20 years in various regional and global positions in the areas of occupational health, industrial hygiene, and ergonomics.
Jalees Razavi MBBS, DPHC, DIH, FACOEM, FACPM, FRCPC
- Occupational Medicine Specialist, Jalees Razavi Professional Corporation
Dr. Jalees Razavi is an occupational medicine specialist who completed his residency at the University of Toronto. Since then, he has held various clinical, administrative, and executive leadership roles including at Saudi Aramco and Imperial Oil Ltd./ExxonMobil Canada. Dr. Razavi provides consulting services to various agencies, including workers’ compensation boards and national and multinational companies. He is chair of the Specialty Committee in Occupational Medicine for the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Sajjad A. Savul, MD, MS, FACOEM
- Associate Program Director, Occupational and Environmental Medicine Residency
- Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- Medical Director, Occupational Medicine, Penn Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Savul is a full-time faculty physician at the University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine. His board certifications include occupational medicine, family medicine, and addiction medicine, and he holds a master’s degree in aerospace medicine. Dr. Savul is a designated FAA aviation medical examiner, performing pilot physicals.
Tanisha Taylor, MD, MPH, CPE, FACOEM
- Chief Medical Director, RWJBarnabas Health Corporate Care
Dr. Taylor is chief medical director of RWJBarnabas Health Corporate Care in the RWJBarnabas Healthcare System. She serves on the board of the Occupational and Environmental Medical Association of New Jersey and American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. Dr. Taylor completed a residency in internal medicine at Yale University followed by a fellowship at the Yale Occupational and Environmental Medicine Fellowship program. Dr. Taylor completed medical school at New York Medical College in Valhalla, New York.
Andy Yorgason DO, MPH, MHPE, FACOEM
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University
- Consultant/Owner, Milchad Occupational Medicine Consulting, LLC
- Commissioned Officer, U.S. Navy Reserve
Dr. Andy Yorgason graduated from West Virginia University’s occupational medicine residency. He has been a guest researcher at NIOSH, a medical advisor for workers’ compensation, and a clinical chair for dozens of other occupational health providers in a medical center setting. He operates a small occupational medicine consulting company serving the nuclear power industry and provides medical director services to mid-size companies.
Chunbai Zhang, MD MPH
- Occupational Medicine Physician, UW-Medicine Valley Medical Center
Dr. Chunbai Zhang is a graduate of Haverford College, Geiser School of Medicine at Dartmouth, and Harvard School of Public Health. He is ACGME-trained in internal medicine (Tufts), occupational medicine (Harvard), and sleep medicine (Harvard). Dr. Zhang also holds a Certificate of Value-Based Healthcare Delivery from Harvard Business School. He is a director of the Northwest Association of Occupational & Environmental Medicine and treasurer of ACOEM’s International Section.